Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Welcome to Green My Beauty Routine!



Have you ever wondered, how can I green my beauty routine? Then you're in the right place. Follow me and let's figure it out together!

Consider all of the different cosmetic products you use on a daily basis. It can add up to a lot. And let's be honest, most of us don't even understand what the ingredients listed on the back of the bottle are. It wasn't until recently that I really stopped and looked at what I was putting onto my body, face, and hair.

As a new mom, the wife of an environmental scientist, daughter of a cancer victim, and in-law to a couple doctors, I don't know what more it could have taken to get me to this point. This point of learning to Green My Beauty Routine.

It's not that I haven't thought about the contents of my cosmetics before, but it's no small fete trying to make sense of it all. It was the birth of my baby that really triggered my desire to find safe and natural products. I wanted to have products not only for her, but for the whole family. After losing my mom to breast cancer just weeks after my little one was born, I felt it was my duty to try and limit our exposures to possible cancer-causing products. And (thanks largely in part to my husband's career) I want all this to be done in as Earth-friendly a manner as possible.

Overall, it might seem like a tall order to fill, but doing even just a little bit is better than doing nothing at all. You have to start somewhere. We can even do it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment